One more try!

C. Cossé

Mar 13, 2018, 3:36:37 PM3/13/18
to NetDispenser
Dear All,

As of today, March 13 2018, I am re-starting efforts to make this project "fly".

I have sought FSF endorsement and help with community building, but if they aren't interested I'm fully prepared to move forward without further adieu.

My first order of business is to populate the demo parent / student sites with some "sticky" assignments so that visitors aren't facing blank pages and having to create their own right-off.

After that (later today, hopefully) I will begin writing posts to various groups, such as homeshoolers, Ed-Tech groups, Raspberry-Pi groups, parenting groups, Edu-FLS projects, and the likes.

If you have time and/or interest remaining then please feel free to help campaign and build the parent and developer communities needed for this project's success.

I still have the 80 emails that Kirby and I collected at PyCon2017, and will resend invites to those people, as well.

Greetings to all from New Mexico and thanks for your continued interest and participation!

-Charles

David Bucknell

Mar 14, 2018, 1:12:37 AM3/14/18
to C. Cossé, NetDispenser
Hi Charles,

A roughly/barely formed thought:

I've been working in a junior high that has lots of IT -- almost everything is Google apps.  It's all via wi-fi.  I think they have the itch you're trying to scratch.  The kids have their assignments, but they're constantly distracting themselves with whatever they can find.  So, if teachers could lock them out of any non-assignment sites until they've gained the required # of points per day, I think that might be helpful.  The school has been looking into goguardian and other snooping tools, but I like your solution better:  they should police themselves.

Keep on truckin'.

David

David M. Bucknell
91-173 Ewa Beach Rd., Ewa Beach, HI 96706

C. Cossé

kirby urner

Mar 17, 2018, 3:42:14 PM3/17/18
to NetDispenser

Oops, I meant to share this with the list!

Mar 21, 2018, 2:24:54 AM3/21/18
to NetDispenser