Re: efilter question

android netcompss

Jul 16, 2011, 12:10:22 PM7/16/11
to Tom Biglin, android netcomps

On Sat, Jul 16, 2011 at 3:58 PM, Tom Biglin <mountainv...@comcast.net> wrote:

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly, and thanks for extending the ridiculously stupid Google refund policy.  That policy has kept me from buying some apps.

Q1:  why don’t you publish your e mail address on the app’s information page?  You say to e mail you, but you don’t provide an address.  At best it is an oversight, at worst it may be assumed you are not sincere because there is no easy way to find you.  I doubt this is the case from your prompt response to me, but someone who didn’t dig as deep as I did could think that.  This type of app is important to me so I dug and dug and dug and finally found how to contact you.  Yours is the first I have seen in months.

You are correct, I will add it to the app next version, currently its in our app market page.

Q2: I have been looking for an app like this ever since I got rid of my blackberry.  I had an app called mail minder which was one of the best $3 I ever spent.  It worked flawlessly and was incredibly easy to use.  I open an e mail, I hit the menu key and the mail minder options came up to either not notify, mark as read, or delete the e mail automatically, and either based on sender, or subject line.  I had NO typing at all to do.  Reading on your user board about regex commands, I am concerned how easy your app is to use.  I could be wrong but talk of white/black lists sounds like there could be a lot of set up involved.

You don't need to type if you use black list or white list, there is contacts UI selection.
The app will not delete your email, it will always leave the email on the server.
Regarding the subject filter, you can use regex, or just type the subject you want to receive.

What I want to accomplish is keeping certain senders from showing up on my phone, but leaving them on the server so that when I get to my office it is on my computer there, because I am equipped to deal with them there.  Some e mails I just don’t want to see when I am not working, but from certain people, mostly family and friends, and some work contacts, I do want to see.

Does you app easily accomplish this?

When you define an account, the notification will be related to this account, e.g: hotmail with work contacts only, define a white list of your work contacts, and you will receive a notification for this account (the notification will have the account name on it) accordingly.

Thanks again

Tom Biglin

Ask me about rental apartment opportunities.

MountainView Apartments

9001 Field and Forest Court

Brewster, NY 10509

office     845-259-3591