Error after Netbox upgrade and DB Migration

Shannon Smith

Oct 1, 2020, 3:06:41 PM10/1/20
to NetBox
I provisioned a new Netbox server (Python version: 3.6.8, NetBox version: 2.9.3) and migrated the database from our old Netbox server (v2.6.6).  Prior to following the DB migration instructions here I was able to login to the new server without issue.  After migrating the DB I receive the below:

<class 'django.contrib.contenttypes.models.ContentType.DoesNotExist'>
ContentType matching query does not exist.
 Python version: 3.6.8
 NetBox version: 2.9.3

Any help would be much appreciated!

rthun...@gmail.com

Oct 9, 2020, 12:49:36 PM10/9/20
to NetBox
I am upgrading from 2.7.11 to 2.9.4 and getting this same error.

<class 'django.contrib.contenttypes.models.ContentType.DoesNotExist'>

ContentType matching query does not exist.
 Python version: 3.6.9
 NetBox version: 2.9.4

Also looking for help.

Rakesh Jain

May 21, 2021, 2:07:52 AMMay 21
to NetBox
run ./upgrade.sh after importing the database, to update the database schema to match 2.10.
Then restart netbox.

# /path_to_upgrade_script/upgrade.sh

# systemctl restart netbox netbox-rq

Rakesh Jain