Can't create virtual machine

Julijus Bertašius

May 27, 2021, 9:23:50 AM5/27/21
to NetBox

nb.PNG

I was just trying to create and get this error. Has anyone, had this error or know what it could be related to?

Brian Candler

May 27, 2021, 12:09:04 PM5/27/21
to NetBox
Did you recently upgrade from an older version?  If so, did you remember to restart?

There was a change in v2.11.1 which added natural ordering to virtual machines (_name column), but you appear to be running 2.11.0.  Hence it looks like you're running 2.11.0 code with 2.11.1+ database.

Julijus Bertašius

May 28, 2021, 2:04:50 AM5/28/21
to NetBox

Yes, I upgraded to v2.11.1 and then downgraded to v2.11.0, for what ever reason I don't remember. Do you know how to downgrade database, because I already run migrate, upgrade scripts and restarted netbox, but it do not seem to help.

Brian Candler

May 28, 2021, 3:33:44 AM5/28/21
to NetBox
You can't downgrade, unless you restore your database from a backup taken when you were running v2.11.0 - and obviously you'll lose all changes you've made to the data since then.

Can you describe what problem you saw in v2.11.1 that wasn't in v2.11.0?  I would say it's very likely to have been fixed in v2.11.4.  Check the release notes for v2.11.2, v2.11.3, v2.11.4 for bug fixes.  In any case I suggest you roll forward, not back.

Julijus Bertašius

May 28, 2021, 4:32:35 AM5/28/21
to NetBox
I will try upgrading. I believe problem was with new table view customisation.

Julijus Bertašius

May 28, 2021, 7:54:13 AM5/28/21
to NetBox

Upgrade fixed the problem. Thank you for the help Brian.