Napalm driver question

Jay Wallace

Dec 28, 2020, 3:37:22 PM12/28/20
to NetBox
I have installed Napalm into netbox and defined the platform for procurve.  I have also installed the procurve driver via Pip.
Netbox is telling me it can't find the driver.
I assume i have installed the driver in the wrong place.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to look?

Thanks
Jay

Jeremy Stretch

Dec 28, 2020, 4:10:01 PM12/28/20
to Jay Wallace, NetBox
Make sure you've installed the NAPALM driver within the NetBox virtual environment. For example:

$ source /opt/netbox/venv/bin/activate
(venv) $ pip install ...

Jeremy Stretch
Sr. Network Automation Engineer
Network to Code, LLC

Brian Candler

Dec 28, 2020, 4:25:31 PM12/28/20
to NetBox
And if you need to do it as root using sudo, then use

source /opt/netbox/venv/bin/activate
sudo -E pip install ...

Alternatively, get a root shell *before* activating the virtualenv:

sudo -s
source /opt/netbox/venv/bin/activate
pip install ...

Jay Wallace

Dec 28, 2020, 5:30:56 PM12/28/20
to NetBox
thank you both.  I am still having the same issue.  i am trying to use this driver.    GitHub - ixs/napalm-procurve: HP ProCurve Driver for NAPALM automation frontend

I am making an assumption that drive name will be procurve.  is there a way to check the driver name i need to give to netbox?

cheers
Jay

Jay Wallace

Dec 28, 2020, 5:33:01 PM12/28/20
to NetBox
oops that was the other one I was looking at.   This is the one I have installed.     GitHub - digineo/napalm-digineo-procurve: Napalm driver for aruba procurve switches. Written to be used in combination with netbox.

thanks