Device Listing page -> Configure Table

abol...@gmail.com

Jan 19, 2022, 1:01:07 PM1/19/22
to NetBox
Netbox's listing page, specifically device listing page, has a button up top on the right labelled "Configure table". This button shows a modal dialog box where users can pick and choose the fields to be displayed/suppressed on the [device] listing page. However, this dialog box doesn't work. When a user picks their favorite fields and click on "submit", they end up getting an error "Error Updating Table Configuration: No API path defined for configuration form."

I did some chrome dev-tools debugging, and the failure seems to be happening when the javascript looks for an attribute called 'data-url' on the form.

let e = t.currentTarget,
                n = e.getAttribute("data-url");
if (n == null) {
                Sn(
                                "danger",
                                "Error Updating Table Configuration",
                                "No API path defined for configuration form."
                        )
                        .show();

Has anyone encountered this error before?

Brian Candler

Jan 19, 2022, 1:34:47 PM1/19/22
to NetBox
On Wednesday, 19 January 2022 at 18:01:07 UTC abol...@gmail.com wrote:
Netbox's listing page, specifically device listing page, has a button up top on the right labelled "Configure table". This button shows a modal dialog box where users can pick and choose the fields to be displayed/suppressed on the [device] listing page. However, this dialog box doesn't work.

It works for me.  Let's start with the most basic info: what version of Netbox are you running?

Also, what version of Chrome are you using?  Netbox Javascript requires something pretty up-to-date.  See for example https://github.com/netbox-community/netbox/discussions/7977

abol...@gmail.com

Jan 19, 2022, 5:01:37 PM1/19/22
to NetBox
Thanks, Brian!

Netbox v 3.0.0
Chrome Version 97.0.4692.71 (Official Build) (64-bit)
This behavior is also seen on Edge (version 97.0.1072.55 (Official Build) (64-bit)) and Firefox (94.0.1 (64-bit))

Note:
So when I click on either "Save" or "Cancel", I get the same error message. I see no network activity. So it's looking for an attribute called "data-url" in the form DOM, but the form does not have that attribute. It has two other attributes ['class''data-config-root'], and the value of 'data-config-root' = 'tables.DeviceTypeTable'

Brian Candler

Jan 20, 2022, 3:53:49 AM1/20/22
to NetBox
Upgrade immediately to v3.0.12 or v3.1.6

There were a ton of bugs in version 3.0.0: it had a complete rework of the UI, the bootstrap version, and the javascript, and you're using the very first public release.  I think it's highly likely the problem you see will have already been fixed.