Configure KEA DHCP server form netbox

heinz6...@gmail.com

Jan 18, 2021, 6:52:33 AM1/18/21
to NetBox

Hi,

I wrote a new blog article how to configure reservations of a KEA DHCP server from netbox, i.e. how to set up the ingetration between netbox and the new ISC DHCP server.

If you are interested:

Michael Schwartzkopff

Brian Candler

Jan 18, 2021, 7:33:22 AM1/18/21
to NetBox
FWIW, I made an independent implementation of that:
However yours is much simpler, and therefore better.  I wasn't aware of the <?include?> syntax, d'oh! And I used SQL rather than API as I didn't want to iterate over *all* addresses.  But your approach of just selecting the subnet(s) to iterate over makes a lot of sense.

BTW, there's a minor formatting problem in your page:
(find more at: onboarding-interfaces-with-netbox-en.html[interface onboarding]).

Cheers,

Brian.

Heinz Meier

Jan 18, 2021, 12:44:13 PM1/18/21
to Brian Candler, NetBox
Thanks for the feedback. I fixed the typo. The link works now, at least for me.