Linking Circuits to IP Prefixes

Steve Allen

Dec 21, 2021, 6:30:41 AM12/21/21
to NetBox
Hi,

We are looking at using NetBox to document our network and so far we have added our devices and what interfaces these devices have.

We have also added a few Internet Circuits with the relevant details.

My questions is, how do I link this together?

For example, lets say I have a direct Internet connection from ISP1 that comes with a /30 IP Prefix and then one of those public IP addresses is assigned to Router 1 on interface Gi0/0/0. From what I can see so far I can link the Prefix/IP/device interface but I'm not sure how I can link the /30 IP prefix to the ISP circuit for full traceability.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Brian Candler

Dec 21, 2021, 8:19:49 AM12/21/21
to NetBox
There isn't a direct link from circuit to prefix.  You could make a text custom field; there's an open feature request for custom fields to be able to link directly to objects.

Steve Allen

Dec 21, 2021, 9:19:10 AM12/21/21
to NetBox
Thanks Brian

This seems a bit disjointed.

What would be the best way for me to raise an official feature request please?

Kind regards,

Brian Candler

Dec 21, 2021, 9:34:17 AM12/21/21
to NetBox