webhook authentication schemes?

Heinz Meier

Jan 16, 2022, 6:11:11 AM1/16/22
to NetBox
Hi,

I want to trigger the creatio of VMs via saltstack API from netbox.

saltstack API uses a username / password scheme to generate a time limited token. With this token I can execute the salt command. But the token is valid only for a limited time.

Is it possible to create the webhook that gathers a new token and only afterwards runs the execution webhook?

Any other thoughts on this problem?

Michael

Brian Candler

Jan 16, 2022, 6:29:39 AM1/16/22
to NetBox
It sounds to me what you'll need to do is to write a separate webhook process, which receives the webhook HTTP request from Netbox and then performs whatever exchange you need to do with Saltstack.

I've done something along these lines for converting Netbox webhook HTTP requests into DNS updates.