Permission of users

brunog...@gmail.com

Jun 7, 2021, 10:21:44 AM6/7/21
to NetBox
Good morning,

I have a number of users who access the netbox through an ldap group.

All have read access.

But I would like to limit read access for these users.

Allowing them to see only the IP addresses section.

Can you guide me how to perform?

Brian Candler

Jun 8, 2021, 4:05:25 AM6/8/21
to NetBox
In the admin section of the GUI (User icon in top right corner > Admin), you can create Permissions and assign them to Groups.

Each "Permission" consists of (View/Add/Change/Delete) for one or more object types.

If as you say, these users currently have read permissions to all objects, then either:
- they are in a group which has been granted all read permissions
- you have set EXEMPT_VIEW_PERMISSIONS in configuration.py
Therefore you will need to modify that to revoke their existing permissions.

Brian Candler

Jun 8, 2021, 7:53:52 AM6/8/21
to NetBox
What version of Netbox are you running?  This setting was introduced in Netbox 2.6.