Not seeing new permissions for vminterfacees after upgrading?

Craig

Aug 12, 2021, 1:52:36 PM8/12/21
to NetBox

We migrated to a new server with the following steps, and everything is working fine except for one thing. The permissions for virtualization.xxxx_vminterface (introduced in 2.9) are missing. I created them manually through the admin interfaces (I was able to select "Virtualization > Interfaces" when creating a new permission), but for some reason they were not there by default. I fear that there may be others that I'm missing, and I'm unsure why this happened, or how to correct it.

  1. exported database from server running 2.7.10, following official netbox instructions.
  2. imported database to new server running 2.11.10
  3. manually ran migrations on the new server to update the database

Like I said, everything else is working, but people weren't able to see any VM interfaces (except the superusers) until I created the missing permissions manually and assigned them to appropriate parties.