Connection endpoints "lost" after upgrade.

Vincent CATROS

Jan 8, 2021, 5:27:58 AM1/8/21
to netbox-...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

After an upgrade from v2.5.11 to v2.10.2 we have "lost" connection endpoints.
Before, when looking at "interfaces", we were able to see them.
image.png
But now it is not possible anymore.
image.png

If I click on the "cable" I still see the endpoint
image.png
But the "Trace" view is not showing me the endpoint.
image.png

One effect is that LLDP view is not working anymore.
Before
image.png
Now
image.png

If I disconnect and then reconnect... then it works
image.png
image.png
image.png
I know there has been a lot of change in the connection model to allow "complex" physical path.

Any idea how I can solve that?

Best regards and happy new year to all of you.
Vince

Jonathan Karras

Jan 8, 2021, 10:36:41 AM1/8/21
to Vincent CATROS, NetBox
Did you run the upgrade scripts so the migration happens?

Jonathan Karras

Jan 8, 2021, 10:38:34 AM1/8/21
to NetBox
There is a manual way to run things

docker
docker-compose run --rm netbox ./manage.py trace_paths

non-docker
./manage.py trace_paths

Vincent CATROS

Jan 11, 2021, 3:34:04 AM1/11/21
to Jonathan Karras, NetBox
No, I installed a new server. Made a dump of the Postgresql DB restore it on the new server then "manage migrate".
I did it like this for previous upgrade and it was working fine.

Jeremy Stretch

Jan 11, 2021, 8:54:30 AM1/11/21
to Vincent CATROS, Jonathan Karras, NetBox
Running the database migration command alone doesn't perform all the necessary changes for an upgrade. You'll want to run the upgrade.sh script every time to ensure the complete upgrade is performed.

Vincent CATROS

Jan 19, 2021, 10:58:56 AM1/19/21
to NetBox
Thanks a lot... that was that :)