NAPALM platform / device specific credentials?

ndo...@newtelco.de

Jun 24, 2020, 5:26:17 AM6/24/20
to NetBox
Hey Guys,

So I know you can hardcode a set of credentials in `configuration.py`, but our platforms each have different credentials. Is it possible to define a different set per platform or per device? Not just the global NAPALM creds out of the config?

Thanks
Nico

Tobias Friede

Jan 8, 2021, 3:40:09 AM1/8/21
to NetBox
Hi,

would be interesting for me too.
We have several different credentials for our network switches.

Is there really no way define different credentials for napalm?

Tobias

Nico Domino

Jan 8, 2021, 5:57:01 AM1/8/21
to Tobias Friede, NetBox
Hi Tobias,

So this is not possible in the config file, but I figured out you can overwrite those values on a per device basis in its config context.

Sent from Mobile

Nico Domino
System Administrator
M: 0174 214 74 21
E: ndo...@newtelco.de

NewTelco GmbH
Moenchofstr. 24
Frankfurt am Main 60326
Germany

DISCLAIMER: https://newtelco.com/legal-mail/

COVID-19 Statement: https://newtelco.com/covid-19/

Brian Candler

Jan 23, 2021, 3:31:37 PM1/23/21
to NetBox
As far as I know, config context is *not* used when looking up NAPALM credentials.