Netbox reports django-auth-ldap is not installed when it is.

Jordan Chilson

Dec 28, 2020, 2:31:12 PM12/28/20
to NetBox
I'm currently working through a step-by-step fresh install of Netbox on Ubuntu 20.04 using the latest installation guide here:

All has worked fine until I got to the LDAP integration section. After completing the LDAP config steps and reloading the netbox service, the login page now says Server Error:

<class 'django.core.exceptions.ImproperlyConfigured'>
LDAP authentication has been configured, but django-auth-ldap is not installed.
Python version: 3.8.5
NetBox version: 2.10.2

Running a pip3 list command on the server does confirm that django-auth-ldap version 2.2.0 is installed (confirmed for the active virtual environment as well).

Has anyone else encountered this?

Jordan Chilson

Dec 28, 2020, 7:19:31 PM12/28/20
to NetBox
Turned out this was due to installation of the package in the wrong venv (previous check was a red herring as pip3 list output is containerized differently when executing the command as sudo).

Steve

Jan 5, 2021, 8:58:32 AM1/5/21
to NetBox
Hi Jordan

Can you explain a little more how you fixed this as I am facing the same error when trying to log in with an AD account.

I have followed the official docs  6. LDAP (Optional) - NetBox Documentation but when testing I see the below error:

Steve

Jan 5, 2021, 9:00:14 AM1/5/21
to NetBox
 2021-01-05 13_58_03-Server Error and 15 more pages - Work - Microsoft​ Edge.png

Steve

Jan 5, 2021, 9:10:19 AM1/5/21
to NetBox
Its ok nevermind. I fixed this by running the upgrade script once.