Plugin configuration = 502 error

Craig

May 20, 2021, 4:17:54 PM5/20/21
to NetBox
I've installed a plugin based on the instructions from the docs. It's a simple plugin that just has a single template and a view to display that template. I'm getting a 502 error whenever I try to start netbox after updating the configuration.py file to contain the name of the plugin in the list.

I have no idea where to start to look to find the issue. The best I could find was the following, but it doesn't look very helpful.

● netbox.service - NetBox WSGI Service
   Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/netbox.service; enabled; vendor preset: disabled)
   Active: activating (auto-restart) (Result: exit-code) since Thu 2021-05-20 15:32:44 EDT; 22s ago
  Process: 51175 ExecStart=/opt/netbox/venv/bin/gunicorn --pid /var/tmp/netbox.pid --pythonpath /opt/netbox/netbox --config /opt/netbox/gunicorn.py netbox.wsgi (code=ex>
 Main PID: 51175 (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

May 20 15:32:44 <<servername>> systemd[1]: netbox.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.

Any help is appreicated.

Thanks,
-Craig

Rob Duffy

May 20, 2021, 4:19:52 PM5/20/21
to Craig, NetBox
Try checking your Netbox log file.  It's likely in /var/log/netbox.log.  Also check the systemd logs with journalctl -u netbox.

Craig

May 21, 2021, 8:30:09 AM5/21/21
to NetBox
Thank you! I'm not well versed in linux so this helped a ton. The netbox log wasn't being generated because it wasn't getting that far, but the journalctl command was very helpful. I found that it wasn't finding my plugin which was installed with the setup.py "develop" switch. I used "install" instead and now we're working.

Thanks again.