High resolution (1000 x 800 x 8) PC/AT color display ?

ta...@ucla-cs.uucp

Mar 3, 1986, 9:31:54 PM3/3/86
Does anyone know of a high resolution 1000 x 800 color
display with 8 bit planes for the PC/AT ?
Is there a way to use a mouse with this board ?

I am actually interested in using the board with an RT
that has a PC/AT bus.

Yuval Tamir

Internet: ta...@locus.ucla.edu
UUCP: { ucbvax, ihnp4, . . .}!ucla-cs!tamir

cheryl

Mar 7, 1986, 7:07:56 PM3/7/86
In article <95...@ucla-cs.ARPA> ta...@ucla-cs.UUCP (Yuval Tamir) writes:
>Does anyone know of a high resolution 1000 x 800 color
>display with 8 bit planes for the PC/AT ?

Number Nine, Inc. manufactures 512x4 512x8
1024x8 and 512x32 boards (resolution x #of bits/pxl)
The 512x32 has an on-board genlock & NTSC option --
so to all those who said it couldn't be done, nyaa!

>Is there a way to use a mouse with this board ?
>
>I am actually interested in using the board with an RT
>that has a PC/AT bus.

Same thing we want it for. Visual Engineering, inc.
has actually used the #9 card with a Mitsubishi monitor
and written a driver -- so the answer is 'yes'.

> Yuval Tamir
>
>Internet: ta...@locus.ucla.edu
> UUCP: { ucbvax, ihnp4, . . .}!ucla-cs!tamir

I don't work for either company.

Cheryl Stewart