can veggies eat in Italy?

Karen Kolling

Oct 27, 1986, 4:00:59 PM10/27/86

> My wife Celia and I are planning a trip
> to Italy next May, and we've heard it's pretty tough for those
> who don't eat meat fish and meat to make it there.

Can this be? Fettucini Alfredo? Fettucini al Pesto? Pasta
Primavera? I'm gaining a million pounds just thinking of all the
Italian veggie food that exists. Or are these
Italian-found-only-in-America foods?

Jolly C. Pancakes

Oct 29, 1986, 8:39:27 AM10/29/86

You are forgetting that of the three you have mentioned at least
two are going to contain dairy products (cream and parmesan) so that if
you are not a lacto-ovo vegetarian (or if, like me, you can't have milk
products) you are outta luck.
--
jcpatilla
..{seismo,allegra}!umcp-cs!aplcen!osiris!jcp

Otters have more fun.

Guy M. Smith

Nov 3, 1986, 1:29:42 PM11/3/86
In article <9...@osiris.UUCP>, j...@osiris.UUCP (Jolly C. Pancakes) writes:
> In article <4...@jumbo.DEC.COM>, kol...@jumbo.DEC.COM (Karen Kolling) writes:
> >
> > > My wife Celia and I are planning a trip
> > > to Italy next May, and we've heard it's pretty tough for those
> > > who don't eat meat fish and meat to make it there.
> >
> > Can this be? Fettucini Alfredo? Fettucini al Pesto? Pasta
> > Primavera? I'm gaining a million pounds just thinking of all the
> > Italian veggie food that exists. Or are these
> > Italian-found-only-in-America foods?
>
> You are forgetting that of the three you have mentioned at least
> two are going to contain dairy products (cream and parmesan) so that if
> you are not a lacto-ovo vegetarian (or if, like me, you can't have milk
> products) you are outta luck.
Also note that pasta in Northern Italy often (maybe always) contains egg.