Call for Papers

J.NERVIK

Sep 12, 1986, 12:09:02 PM9/12/86

- 1 -

C C C CA A A AL L L LL L L L F F F FO O O OR R R R P P P PA A A AP P P PE E E ER R R RS S S S

I I I IE E E EE E E EE E E E N N N NE E E ET T T TW W W WO O O OR R R RK K K K: : : : T T T TH H H HE E E E M M M MA A A AG G G GA A A AZ Z Z ZI I I IN N N NE E E E O O O OF F F F C C C CO O O OM M M MP P P PU U U UT T T TE E E ER R R R C C C CO O O OM M M MM M M MU U U UN N N NI I I IC C C CA A A AT T T TI I I IO O O ON N N N

P P P PE E E ER R R RF F F FO O O OR R R RM M M MA A A AN N N NC C C CE E E E M M M ME E E EA A A AS S S SU U U UR R R RE E E EM M M ME E E EN N N NT T T T T T T TO O O OO O O OL L L LS S S S a a a an n n nd d d d T T T TE E E EC C C CH H H HN N N NI I I IQ Q Q QU U U UE E E ES S S S
for
L L L LO O O OC C C CA A A AL L L L A A A AR R R RE E E EA A A A N N N NE E E ET T T TW W W WO O O OR R R RK K K KS S S S

The IEEE Communications Society is planning an issue of the
new I I I IE E E EE E E EE E E E N N N Ne e e et t t tw w w wo o o or r r rk k k k: : : : T T T Th h h he e e e M M M Ma a a ag g g ga a a az z z zi i i in n n ne e e e o o o of f f f C C C Co o o om m m mp p p pu u u ut t t te e e er r r r C C C Co o o om m m mm m m mu u u un n n ni i i ic c c ca a a at t t ti i i io o o on n n ns s s s
that will be dedicated to the topic of Performance
Measurement Tools and Techniques for Local Area Networks.
The issue is scheduled for publication in mid-1987. It is
intended to cover the architecture, design, implementation,
and use of the tools to measure the performance of LANs.
Papers discussing experience with LAN measurement tools and
techniques and the results of these measurements are highly
desired. Both original research papers and tutorial papers
will be considered.

Papers are solicited in topics such as:

o + Performance Measurements of 802.x Networks

o + Performance Test Tools and/or Measurement Techniques
for 802.x Networks

o + Network and Transport Layer Performance Tools and
Measurements

o + Application Layer Protocol Performance Tools and
Measurements

o + Network Simulators

o + Performance Measurements of Bridged LANs

o + Performance Measurements of Gatewayed LANs

o + Protocol Conversion Performance Measurements

Prospective authors should prepare complete manuscripts by
November 1, 1986 in accordance with the _ I_ E_ E_ E _ C_ o_ m_ m_ u_ n_ i_ c_ a_ t_ i_ o_ n_ s
_ M_ a_ g_ a_ z_ i_ n_ e _ S_ t_ y_ l_ e _ S_ h_ e_ e_ t and _ I_ n_ f_ o_ r_ m_ a_ t_ i_ o_ n _ f_ o_ r _ I_ E_ E_ E _ A_ u_ t_ h_ o_ r_ s and
send five (5) copies of the manuscript to one of the Guest
Editors. Notification of Acceptance will be February 1,
1987.

Guest Editors for the issue are:

- 2 -

Jeffrey A. Wong John Digaletos
AT&T Information Systems AT&T Information Systems
200 Laurel Ave. Room 1C-437 200 Laurel Ave. Room 1F-428
Middletown, NJ 07748 Middletown, NJ 07748
(201) 957-5358 (201) 957-5347

ihnp4!ariel!jaw ihnp4!ariel!jd

To all net.news readers:

I would appreciate if you would forward this to any interested
parties. If you have any questions, please contact me.

Thanks in advance,

Jeff Wong

(201) 957-5358
ihnp4!ariel!jaw

Jordan Hayes

Sep 14, 1986, 2:02:45 PM9/14/86
In article <12...@ariel.UUCP> j...@ariel.UUCP (J.NERVIK) writes:

[ something that should have went to the printer, not a tty so I fixed it ... ]

----- BEGIN FIXED ARTICLE

CALL FOR PAPERS

IEEE NETWORK: THE MAGAZINE OF COMPUTER COMMUNICATION

PERFORMANCE MEASUREMENT TOOLS and TECHNIQUES
for
LOCAL AREA NETWORKS

The IEEE Communications Society is planning an issue of the

new IEEE Network: The Magazine of Computer Communications

that will be dedicated to the topic of Performance
Measurement Tools and Techniques for Local Area Networks.
The issue is scheduled for publication in mid-1987. It is
intended to cover the architecture, design, implementation,
and use of the tools to measure the performance of LANs.
Papers discussing experience with LAN measurement tools and
techniques and the results of these measurements are highly
desired. Both original research papers and tutorial papers
will be considered.

Papers are solicited in topics such as:

+ Performance Measurements of 802.x Networks

+ Performance Test Tools and/or Measurement Techniques
for 802.x Networks

+ Network and Transport Layer Performance Tools and
Measurements

+ Application Layer Protocol Performance Tools and
Measurements

+ Network Simulators

[...]

----- END FIXED ARTICLE

/jordan