Wanted Public domain BASIC to C Translator & UNIX BASIC compiler

Dennis L. Baer

Nov 4, 1986, 1:03:53 PM11/4/86

I am interested in 2 items and I hope if they are available they can
be mailed to me directly.

1) A public domain UNIX BASIC compiler.

2) A public domain BASIC to C translator.

Why do I want this? I have developed a new programming language called
SPL, a free format block structured programming language. The SPL processor
is written in MSBASIC. I want to translate it to C and I also want to compile
it. This way I have two ways to get SPL running on UNIX. The SPL processor
translates SPL to BASIC. SPL source programs can then run on UNIX in two

steps SPL ---> BASIC ---> UNIX OBJECT CODE

or 3 steps

SPL ---> BASIC ---> C ---> UNIX OBJECT CODE

How compatible is UNIX BASIC compiled to MSBASIC? Does it support RETURN x?
The same file I/O?

How extensive is the BASIC to C translator?

Write dlbaer@helm
516 694 5872
dlbaer@helm