Venix parallel printer port problems

we...@megaron.uucp

Nov 6, 1986, 3:15:56 PM11/6/86

My Venix system V is apparently sending out a reset on the parallel
port whenever you open /dev/lp. This has horrible effects on the
epson printer, namely: if the printer is offline, it puts it online;
the printer's internal buffer is trashed; and top of form is set to
the current position on the page (wherever it is). So if you cat
two files to the printer with two successive cat commands, half of
the first one is lost (whatever will fit in the printer buffer),
and the second one comes out page-misaligned.

Anybody got any ideas?

I have two parallel ports in the box, one jumpered for lp and one
for lp2.

I thank you.
Alan Wendt