Running time of The Dead Planet/The Daleks (movie form)

its only a man in a rubber suit...

Mar 10, 1986, 8:37:12 AM3/10/86
Chanell 11, New Hampshire, is showing The Dead Planet and The Daleks in
one lump this coming Saturday. I gather they were packaged as two movies
and shown that way on some other stations.

Anyway, they have scheduled 3 1/2 hours for this but it is pledge month
and there will be some number of grovel breaks. Anybody know the playing
time without the breaks so I can estimate tape usage.

Gary Hughes

UUCP: ...{ decvax | allegra | ucbvax }!decwrl!dec-rhea!dec-godzla!hughes
ARPA: hughes%godzla.DEC @decwrl.ARPA
reality?: DEC, ZKO1-2/C07, 110 Spit Brook Rd, Nashua NH 03062

Allon G. Percus

Mar 11, 1986, 1:48:00 PM3/11/86
> Chanell 11, New Hampshire, is showing The Dead Planet and The Daleks in
> one lump this coming Saturday. I gather they were packaged as two movies
> and shown that way on some other stations.

"The Dead Planet" and "The Daleks" refer, in practice, to the same
story. In principal, "The Dead Planet" is the first episode of the
story "The Daleks," but the two terms are used interchangeably (see
numerous postings from a while ago about this).

At any rate, "The Daleks" ran seven parts long, so I would imagine
it would take about 160 minutes for the entire story (I don't remember
exactly how long it took).

.
-------
|-----| A. G. Percus
|II II| (ARPA) percus@acf4
|II II| (NYU) percus.acf4
|II II| (UUCP) ...{allegra!ihnp4!seismo}!cmcl2!acf4!percus
|II II|
-------

Adric of Alzarius

Mar 12, 1986, 9:43:35 PM3/12/86
"The Daleks" is a 7 part story...
I'd say about 2 and 1/2 to 2 and 3/4 hours...

"Me, not allowed??? I'm allowed everywhere!" -- The Doctor
Joseph P. Ogulin
UUCP: seismo!umcp-cs \ BITNET: INS_AJPO@JHUVMS
ihnp4!whuxcc > !jhunix!ins_ajpo P99I1798@JHUVM
allegra!hopkins / CSNET: ins_...@jhunix.CSNET