Poll update <WARNING! VERY LONG!!>

M.Modig

Mar 20, 1986, 12:26:34 AM3/20/86

Below are the interim results of the poll I'm running. I've got 5 votes so
far, and I know there are more than five of you out there. So if you're
reading this, please vote. Even if you've seen only a few seasons worth
of episodes, I'd still like to hear from you. At this rate, I'm tempted to
just mail the results to the people who voted; it's not worth sending
this out hither and yon if no one's interested... <hint, hint>.
Seriously, I would appreciate hearing from everyone-- the more the merrier!
A ballot is attached at the end-- I hope everyone got the story list- if
you need a copy I can mail you one. Note that "The Five Doctors" is
really part of the 20th season. Thanks to those of you who have
voted so far.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

***** BEST AND WORST BY SEASON *****

>>> Season 1 <<<
BEST WORST
The Daleks 2 The Edge of Destruction 1
The Tribe of Gum 1

>>> Season 2 <<<
BEST WORST
The Chase 1 The Rescue 1
The Dalek Invasion of Earth 1 The Web Planet 1

>>> Season 3 <<<
BEST WORST
The War Machines 2 The Gunfighters 2

>>> Season 4 <<<
BEST WORST
The Tenth Planet 1

>>> Season 5 <<<
BEST WORST
The Abominable Snowmen 1 The Enemy of the World 1

>>> Season 6 <<<
BEST WORST
The Mind Robber 2 The Krotons 2

>>> Season 7 <<<
BEST WORST
Doctor Who and the Silurians 1 The Ambassadors of Death 2
Inferno 1 Inferno 1
Spearhead from Space 1 Spearhead from Space 1
The Ambassadors of Death 1

>>> Season 8 <<<
BEST WORST
The Daemons 3 Colony in Space 2
Terror of the Autons 1 The Claws of Axos 2

>>> Season 9 <<<
BEST WORST
The Sea Devils 2 The Mutants 2
The Day of the Daleks 1 The Day of the Daleks 1
The Time Monster 1 The Sea Devils 1

>>> Season 10 <<<
BEST WORST
The Three Doctors 2 Planet of the Daleks 3
Carnival of Monsters 1
Frontier in Space 1

>>> Season 11 <<<
BEST WORST
The Time Warrior 3 Death to the Daleks 3

>>> Season 12 <<<
BEST WORST
Genesis of the Daleks 2 Robot 2
Revenge of the Cybermen 1 Ark in Space 1
Robot 1 Revenge of the Cybermen 1
The Ark in Space 1 The Ark in Space 1

>>> Season 13 <<<
BEST WORST
Pyramids of Mars 3 The Android Invasion 2
The Brain of Morbius 2 Planet of Evil 1
Terror of the Zygons 1
The Brain of Morbius 1

>>> Season 14 <<<
BEST WORST
The Deadly Assassin 4 The Face of Evil 1
The Talons of Weng-Chiang 1 The Hand of Fear 1
The Robots of Death 1

>>> Season 15 <<<
BEST WORST
The Invasion of Time 2 Underworld 2
The Sunmakers 2 Horror of Fang Rock 1
Image of the Fendahl 1 Image of the Fendahl 1
The Invasion of Time 1

>>> Season 16 <<<
BEST WORST
The Androids of Tara 2 The Power of Kroll 5
The Armageddon Factor 1
The Pirate Planet 1
The Ribos Operation 1

>>> Season 17 <<<
BEST WORST
City of Death 5 Nightmare of Eden 2
Destiny of the Daleks 1
The Creature from the Pit 1

>>> Season 18 <<<
BEST WORST
Logopolis 2 The Leisure Hive 2
Warriors' Gate 2 Full Circle 1
The Keeper of Traken 1 Meglos 1
Warriors' Gate 1

>>> Season 19 <<<
BEST WORST
Earthshock 2 Four to Doomsday 2
Castrovalva 1 Black Orchid 1
The Visitation 1 Earthshock 1

>>> Season 20 <<<
BEST WORST
Enlightenment 1 Snakedance 3
Mawdryn Undead 1 The King's Demons 1
Terminus 1
The Five Doctors 1

>>> Season 21 <<<
BEST WORST
The Caves of Androzani 3 The Awakening 2
Warriors of the Deep 1 The Caves of Androzani 1
The Twin Dilemma 1

>>> Season 22 <<<
BEST WORST
Vengeance on Varos 2 Timelash 3
The Two Doctors 1

***** BEST AND WORST BY DOCTOR *****

BEST WORST
The Daleks 2 An Unearthly Child 1
Dalek Invasion of Earth 1 The Gunfighters 1
The Tribe of Gum 1

BEST WORST
The Mind Robber 2 The Krotons 2

BEST WORST
Carnival of Monsters 1 Colony in Space 1
Mind of Evil 1 Death to the Daleks 1
Planet of the Spiders 1 The Day of the Daleks 1
The Daemons 1 The Mutants 1
The Three Doctors 1

BEST WORST
The Invasion of Time 2 The Power of Kroll 3
Genesis of the Daleks 1 The Ark in Space 1
The Brain of Morbius 1 Underworld 1
The Deadly Assassin 1

BEST WORST
The Caves of Androzani 2 Arc of Infinity 1
Arc of Infinity 1 Black Orchid 1
Castrovalva 1 Four to Doomsday 1
The Five Doctors 1 The Caves of Androzani 1

BEST WORST
Vengeance on Varos 2 The Twin Dilemma 2
Attack of the Cybermen 1 Timelash 2
The Two Doctors 1

***** BEST AND WORST BY DOCTOR *****

BEST WORST
Dodo Chaplet 1 Susan 1
Polly 1 Vicki 1

BEST WORST
Jamie McCrimmon 2

BEST WORST
Jo Grant 3 Liz Shaw 3
Liz Shaw 1 Jo Grant 1

BEST WORST
K-9 1 Adric 2
Leela 1 K-9 1
Romana I 1 Romana II 1
Romana II 1 Sarah Jane Smith 1
Sarah Jane Smith 1

BEST WORST
Nyssa 3 Adric 5
Turlough 2

BEST WORST
Peri 2 Peri 4

***** BEST AND WORST OVERALL *****

BEST WORST
The Mind Robber 6 The Power of Kroll 6
The Deadly Assassin 3 The Tribe of Gum 4
City of Death 3 Timelash 3
Vengeance on Varos 2 The Ark in Space 3
The Daleks 2 Colony in Space 2
Arc of Infinity 2 Warriors' Gate 1
Warriors' Gate 1 The Twin Dilemma 1
The Brain of Morbius 1 The Caves of Androzani 1
Robot 1

***** BEST AND WORST OVERALL *****

BEST WORST
Jamie 1 Adric 4
Leela 1
Romana I 1
Romana II 1

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
ATTENTION! YOUR VOTE IS NEEDED!

For each season's worth of episodes you've seen:

Name the best and worst episodes in that season

For each Doctor you've seen:

Name the best and worst episodes starring that Doctor
Name the best and worst companions from that Doctor's reign

Overall:

Name the three best and worst episodes and the single best and worst companions

No split votes, please- but you are perfectly free to not vote in an area if
you don't feel anything is deserving of a vote in that particular area.

NOTE: Consider "The Three Doctors" to be a Jon Pertwee episode,
"The Five Doctors" to be a Peter Davison episode from the 20th season,
and "The Two Doctors"
to be a Colin Baker episode.

To vote-- make your choices as above, and either (r)eply to this
news item or mail to me at the address below. I will post periodic
updates until the entries stop coming in, and I will acknowledge all
votes by electronic mail, or by a short posting if that fails.

Mark Modig
..{decvax,seismo,ut-sally,ucbvax,tektronix}!ihnp4!sfsup!mom
..{decvax,ucbvax,tektronix,hplabs}!{ulysses,allegra}!sfsup!mom
..{attunix,btlunix}!mom