Phasers, Torpedoes, and the value of C in otherspace

Chris Ambler

Mar 30, 1986, 6:53:28 PM3/30/86
Thank you to everyone who is participating in this discussion, at last
some FUN out of this school!...

The act of firing phasers through shields is perfectly legal. Where did
anyone see that it couldn't be done? Refrences, please.

The value of 'C' in otherspace is different. Of course, this is fiction, but
the Trek explanation says that a ship's warp drive puts a shell of 'otherspace'
around the ship, and squirts it through OUR universe like a banana out of the
peeling. For a description of this, read 'The Wounded Sky.'

The torpedo manoeuvre was used in some ST books, and is a legal move in my
simulator (IBM-PC, due on market around 4-5 mos.). I had originally thought
not to include it, but upon making it possible, it seemed smooth and logical.

Waiting in subspace (otherspace), I am,

-Spock! (Christopher J. Ambler, University of California, Riverside)
-"Captain, I see no reason to bother Starfleet..."
-"May your engine room be the provong grounds for Murphy's
Seventh corrolary!"