STIV (Some Spoilers, clearly marked)

oka...@ucbvax.uucp

Dec 1, 1986, 10:50:42 AM12/1/86
First things first: I LOVED IT

I heartily recommend the novelization of the movie. It adds to the
movie considerably (for instance, another reason Spock does a rather
funny (and illogical) thing).

Something mentioned in the book: Kirk at one time had commanded a
ship called the (get this): _Lydia Sutherland_*. This ship was lost
but Kirk was "the hero" and so got off scot-free. It would be
VERY interesting to get a complete chronology of Kirk's career.

* For you landlubbers, _Lydia_ is the frigate commanded by Captain
Horatio Hornblower when he went to Central America while the
_Sutherland_ is the ship commanded by the aforementioned Captain
Hornblower. He struck his colors (surrendered) only after dismasting
one ship and seriously damaging three others.

SPOILER WARNING, type 'n' now or else

Did Saavik's last line seem a bit _vindictive_ to you? It did to me.
Of course we all know the rumor that Saavik is pregnant by Spock....

Spock and Sarek have FINALLY made up!

Regarding the Enterprise, my opinion is that what is now the Enterprise
was at one time another ship of the CONSTITUTION-II class (ie, built
with all the new technology that they refitted the old Enterprise with)
that they renamed/renumbered. The reason Starfleet Commander Morrow
gave for the decommissioning of the Enterprise was that it was more
than twenty years old (God knows this is a SHORT time, think of the
U.S.S. New Jersey).

I agree, Scotty looked FAT. I guess James Doohan is getting old too.

Agreed. The artist who did the flyer should be shot. San Francisco
is on the wrong side of the bridge....

"This mint contains sucrose, Admiral"

The New Number Who, oka...@ucbvax.berkeley.edu
Jeff Okamoto ..!ucbvax!okamoto