net.sport.hockey (un)popularity

Tom Haapanen

Mar 20, 1986, 10:11:13 AM3/20/86
We're doing better! The new ratings include six of the Waterloo
machines, and, oh boy!, the ratings for net.sport.hockey are just
skyrocketing! (The last column is the estimated %-age of netnews
readers reading net.sport.hockey).

Date: 14 Mar 86 21:59:39 GMT
1397 1.74 0.33 1.74 net.ham-radio.packet
1371 1.75 0.32 1.71 net.micro.ti
1270 0.63 0.30 1.59 net.nlang.africa
1193 7.41 0.28 1.49 net.sport.hockey
1168 0.44 0.28 1.46 net.nlang.greek
----------
Date: 18 Mar 86 18:26:21 GMT
964 0.51 0.43 1.70 net.nlang.africa
953 1.59 0.43 1.69 net.ham-radio.packet
953 0.39 0.43 1.69 net.rec.birds
901 6.12 0.40 1.59 net.sport.hockey
681 2.51 0.31 1.20 net.works

The estimate per-reader cost is going down, too: from 7.41 to 6.12.

\tom haapanen / watrose!tohaapanen
university of waterloo ..!watmath <-- watmum!tohaapanen
\ watlion!tohaapanen
I am one in ten, a number on a list
I am one in ten, even though I don't exist
No-body knows me, though I'm always there
A statistical reminder of a world that doesn't care (c) UB40, 1981