Bears extra players

J.CARBONARO

Jan 30, 1986, 2:15:31 PM1/30/86
<The Bears would win a best of seven series with this team in *three* games
<(the Pats would forfeit the fourth one). The Ax said it right (after Costas
<attempted the same sort of pitiful "what if?" you just did), "Forget it, Bob,
<this is men against boys." WHAT GLORIOUS, TOTAL DOMINATION IT WAS. The
<"much improved" Patriots offense would have totalled about 50 yards for the
<game if we'd left our first-string defense in. As it was our second string
<guys got an interception for a touchdown, another for a near touchdown, and
<a safety. -25 YARDS TOTAL OFFENSE AT HALFTIME??!! And you think these guys
<just had a run of bad luck? Hey, if Morgan catches that ball (which by the
<way was knocked loose by Singletary) it ends up 46-14, pal. The only
<psychological effect going on was in Eason's head; I think he was flashing
<back to the six sacks the Bears heaped on him in September. With three more
<in the early going Sunday, he began to resemble a deer frozen in the head-
<lights of oncoming trucks with license plate numbers 95 and 99 and 55 and
<58.

God, I love all this "we", "us", "our" stuff. Funny, I didn't see you during
the game.

Aside from that - are you SURE Singletary knocked down that pass. I thought
so at first, but the replay looked like he didn't. Also, whatever he did,
the ball DID hit Morgan between the "8" and the "6" of his jersey. No excuse
for dropping it. Also, as you've stated, irrelevant to the outcome of the
game.

Stephan Alexa Cooper

Feb 1, 1986, 12:59:41 PM2/1/86
In article <9...@houxa.UUCP> j...@houxa.UUCP writes:
>Hey, if Morgan catches that ball (which by the
><way was knocked loose by Singletary) it ends up 46-14, pal.>

>Aside from that - are you SURE Singletary knocked down that pass. I thought

>so at first, but the replay looked like he didn't. Also, whatever he did,
>the ball DID hit Morgan between the "8" and the "6" of his jersey. No excuse
>for dropping it.

No one touched it, but Morgan. The replays show...he blew it.

--

Steve Cooper
Johns Hopkins University