Recruiting Ratings Sought

Tim Robison

Feb 13, 1986, 6:45:17 PM2/13/86

Since the college football recruiting season has come to a
close, could anyone out there post a rating of how different
universities fared or some sort of top twenty crops. I had
heard that Alabama and UCLA were doing quite well, along
with Notre Dame. I know my team, the OSU Buckeyes, nabbed 3
of the top 10 linemen in the nation, but did not do as well
in the running back department (OSU stated that they had to
stop recruiting a number of players, especially running
backs, due to the stricter grade guidelines passed in
January by the NCAA). I'm sure many of us on the net would
appreciate any available information. Thanx in advance.

- Tim Robison

Moore

Feb 21, 1986, 9:51:53 AM2/21/86

Tim, a week ago or so the USA Today (newspaper) had a headline article
regarding the top 100 college prospects and the colleges to which thay
had signed letters of intent. The headline read something like, "PAC
10, etc., etc. gets cream of the crop". I noticed the PAC 10 primarily
because I'm more interested in that conference and because the headline
lead off with them. It also mentioned a couple of other conferences and
Notre Dame. Basically, the PAC 10 had the best recruiting year of any
conference with UCLA, Washington and Southern Cal all doing very well.
I don't recall seeing anything about OSU, but do remember Notre Dame
as being right up there.
I probably should have kept a copy, but needless to say I didn't.