Erotic Publications

Chuck Mosher

Sep 25, 1986, 11:17:29 AM9/25/86

In article something-or-other Ellen Leibman writes:
>In article <3...@ubc-cs.UUCP> and...@ubc-cs.UUCP (Jamie Andrews) writes:
>> What people who are
>>against sexist erotica/porn/whatever should be doing, is
>>producing and distributing non-sexist erotica that can take the
>>place of the sexist stuff.
>--Jamie.
>...!seismo!ubc-vision!ubc-cs!andrews
>
>YaH! Here, here! Why can't this seem to be done? I have seen a good number
>of magazines start out that way (notably really old FORUM and later LETTERS)
>but they have all seemed to be unable to stay that way. They end up resorting
>to decidedly male-geared articles, lead stories, cover headlines and all female
>photography.
>Ellen Leibman

I may have recommended this before, but it bears repeating. "Yellow Silk"
a "Journal of Erotic Arts", is put out by editor Lily Pond of Albany, CA.
Their motto is "All persuasions; no brutality". It is a collection of short
stories, poems, pictures, and artwork put out 4 times a year. Much of it
is written by women. We have really enjoyed it. It puts the love and eros
back into the literary depiction of sexuality - a pearl among a sea of crudity.

one year (4 issues) $12-$40 (sliding scale - pay what you can)
out of US add $5/surface, $10/air on US money order or check written on US bank
Send orders to:
YS
PO Box 6374
Albany, CA 94706

P.S. I have no other association with Yellow SIlk, other than being a very
satisfied customer.

Life, Love, and Lust!

Chuck Mosher
UNC - Chapel Hill