Story Query

Boeber...@mit-multics.arpa

Nov 26, 1986, 3:40:58 PM11/26/86
From: Boe...@MIT-MULTICS.ARPA

Title and author sought for a short story that to the best of my
recollection appeared in Astounding in the late 1950s or early 1960s.
Epigraph was the folk song _Samuel Hall_ ("For my name is Samuel Hall
... and I hate you one and all ...) I think the topic was computer
sabotage but I may have misremembered that (memory is the second thing
to go with age. The first is ... ah ... oh, never mind.)

Any pointers out there? Thanx,

Earl (Boebert -at MIT-Multics)

Kees Huyser

Nov 27, 1986, 12:56:17 PM11/27/86
In article <4...@rutgers.RUTGERS.EDU> Boeber...@MIT-MULTICS.ARPA writes:
>From: Boe...@MIT-MULTICS.ARPA
>
>Title and author sought for a short story that to the best of my
>recollection appeared in Astounding in the late 1950s or early 1960s.
>Epigraph was the folk song _Samuel Hall_ ("For my name is Samuel Hall
>... and I hate you one and all ...)
>Earl (Boebert -at MIT-Multics)

The name of the story is _Sam Hall_ by Poul Anderson, published 1953

-- Kees