Needless

1 view

Andre Guirard

Jul 17, 1986, 9:45:12 AM7/17/86

Frequently, in "debate-type" postings, I see these phrases, and
variations on them:

Needless to say...
Of course...
As everybody knows...
As any fool knows... (my personal favorite)
Naturally...
Obviously...

These phrases are usually followed by a preposturous lie. These
phrases mean _nothing_ (after all, if it's really obvious why say it at
all?). They are used primarily to keep people from challenging the
statement that follows, by implying that anyone who doesn't agree is
stupid or unreasonable.

I encourage everybody to keep an eye out for these and similar phrases.
What follows is the weak point of the poster's argument, in case you
want to refute it.
--

(___) Andre Guirard
|_ _| La Diablo kiu Strabas