Stone's Undercover

c...@ihuxm.uucp

Jan 23, 1984, 8:45:44 PM1/23/84

"I know, it's only rock and roll, but I like it . . ."

A few points about the Stones:

1) The Stones have been on the charts for about twenty years.
2) 'Undercover' was the fifth best selling album last week.
3) The Stones were around before most of today's popular bands
and will be around long after most are long gone. I think
even the successful Clash is no more.
4) The Stones have always been challenged. Bands like Def Leppard
come and go and, while very popular for a time, start to sound
very repetitive or like the rest. Foreigner, Boston, Cheap Trick,
to name a few examples.

No band has had the LONGEVITY on the charts like the Stones. It has
also remained mostly intact - completely in recent years. I believe
that 'Undercover' was the last album under the current label and the
next one will be part of the record $25 million deal that means there
will be at least 4 more Stones albums. I don't intend to comment on
the content of 'Undercover' (the album) because I have only heard 3 cuts -
I assume the authors of the previous criticisms of it have heard it all!
I did think that the title cut was meant to be just a top 10 tune and the
other two were better Stones songs, however, there will be more Stones
in future years. So, better go get those albums by other artists now;
they may not be around in a couple years, but the Stones will live on.

"Time, time, time, is on my side" - The Rolling Stones

Carl W. Amport