Dear talk.origins moderator

Adam Noel Harris

Nov 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/2/99
I don't exactly see *you* posting here!

-Adam
--
Opinions expressed are not necessarily those of Stanford University.
PGP Fingerprint = C0 65 A2 BD 8A 67 B3 19 F9 8B C1 4C 8E F2 EA 0E

Jonathan Stone

Nov 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/3/99
In article <slrn81umlb...@elaine31.Stanford.EDU>,

Adam Noel Harris <ad...@stanford.edu.XX> wrote:
>I don't exactly see *you* posting here!

`It's Usenet, Jim, but not as we know it.' What do you expect? Think
of the dearth of articles in Usenet 2 as, um, evolution in action.

Adam Noel Harris

Nov 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/3/99
Jonathan Stone <jona...@DSG.Stanford.EDU> wrote:
:In article <slrn81umlb...@elaine31.Stanford.EDU>,

Heh. All we need to do is get Matt to start posting here too. :)

David Iain Greig

Nov 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/4/99
Adam Noel Harris <ad...@stanford.edu.XX> wrote:
>I don't exactly see *you* posting here!

Ignored.

--D.

Nile Evil Bastard

Nov 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/4/99
On 3 Nov 1999 16:10:30 GMT,

Adam Noel Harris <ad...@stanford.edu.XX> wrote:
:Jonathan Stone <jona...@DSG.Stanford.EDU> wrote:
::In article <slrn81umlb...@elaine31.Stanford.EDU>,
::Adam Noel Harris <ad...@stanford.edu.XX> wrote:

::>I don't exactly see *you* posting here!

::`It's Usenet, Jim, but not as we know it.' What do you expect? Think

::of the dearth of articles in Usenet 2 as, um, evolution in action.

:Heh. All we need to do is get Matt to start posting here too. :)

So, was net.* created, or did it evolve?

I think it came down from a comet, myself.

--
http://netizen.com.au/ http://www.caube.org.au/
"When the bomb drops there will be me, a bunch of cockroaches, and spammers.

Stephen F. Schaffner

Nov 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/5/99
In article <slrn820njm...@elaine29.Stanford.EDU>,

Adam Noel Harris <ad...@stanford.edu.XX> wrote:
>Jonathan Stone <jona...@DSG.Stanford.EDU> wrote:
>:In article <slrn81umlb...@elaine31.Stanford.EDU>,
>:Adam Noel Harris <ad...@stanford.edu.XX> wrote:
>:>I don't exactly see *you* posting here!
>:
>:`It's Usenet, Jim, but not as we know it.' What do you expect? Think
>:of the dearth of articles in Usenet 2 as, um, evolution in action.
>
>Heh. All we need to do is get Matt to start posting here too. :)

Death of Usenet 2 predicted. Film at 11:00.

-------
Steve Schaffner s...@genome.wi.mit.edu
SLAC and I have a deal: they don't || Immediate assurance is an excellent sign
pay me, and I don't speak for them. || of probable lack of insight into the
|| topic. Josiah Royce

Mark Isaak

Nov 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/5/99
In article <7vv9mh$hf$1...@nntp.Stanford.EDU>,

Stephen F. Schaffner <ssc...@vesta03.SLAC.Stanford.EDU> wrote:
>In article <slrn820njm...@elaine29.Stanford.EDU>,
>Adam Noel Harris <ad...@stanford.edu.XX> wrote:
>>Jonathan Stone <jona...@DSG.Stanford.EDU> wrote:
>>:`It's Usenet, Jim, but not as we know it.' What do you expect? Think
>>:of the dearth of articles in Usenet 2 as, um, evolution in action.
>>
>>Heh. All we need to do is get Matt to start posting here too. :)
>
>Death of Usenet 2 predicted. Film at 11:00.

Predicted? I thought it was already dead.
--
Mark Isaak atta @ best.com http://www.best.com/~atta
"My determination is not to remain stubbornly with my ideas but