Evolutionist afraid to debate me!

Philip Nicholls

Mar 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/24/98

In article <slrn696bmt...@elaine15.Stanford.EDU>,
ad...@stanford.edu.XX (Adam Noel Harris) writes:
> I see that you Evolutionist are afraid to debate me about the origins of
> life! It is clear that your so-called "evidences" cannot corraborate your
> just-so story about man coming from bacteria.

Well, first of all evolution is not concerned with the origin of life
but rather with the development of life. The origin of life is a
separate question, though also important.

The best evidence for evolution is the direct evidence, i.e., the
fossil record of life which now extends back some 3.5 billion years.
Supporting evidence has accumulated from the areas of comparative
anatomy, biochemistry and embryology.

The sheer quantity of evidence place evolution (i.e., that evolution
has occurred) into the catagory of scientific fact. Theories of
evolution explain the historical sequences and mechanisms of
evolution.

> Nice try, evolutionist, but I'm onto you. If you admit that your theory
> is wrong, just neglect net.origins as you have been doing.

If you want information about evolution you need only make a trip to
your local library or, better still, college library. Find the
following journals:

Evolution
Evolutionary Theory
Ecology, Ethology and Evolution
Brain Behavior and Evolution
Journal of Human Evolution
Journal of Molecular Evolution
Quarterly Review of Biology

Just to name a few.

Those who can, teach. Those who can't teach
become libertarians.

pn...@capital.net
Visit Mr. Nicholl's Web Page of Science at
www.capital.net/~pnich

Adam Noel Harris

Mar 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/24/98

Philip Nicholls <pn...@capital.net> wrote:
:In article <slrn696bmt...@elaine15.Stanford.EDU>,

:ad...@stanford.edu.XX (Adam Noel Harris) writes:
:> I see that you Evolutionist are afraid to debate me about the origins of
:> life! It is clear that your so-called "evidences" cannot corraborate your
:> just-so story about man coming from bacteria.

Whoa. This post is so old, I didn't recognize it at first. Thought Karl
was forging mail from my address.

:Well, first of all evolution is not concerned with the origin of life

:but rather with the development of life. The origin of life is a
:separate question, though also important.

Point taken. But the beard on that billy goat is very long by now. Where
did you find this post?

-Adam
--
Opinions expressed are not necessarily those of Stanford University.
PGP Fingerprint = C0 65 A2 BD 8A 67 B3 19 F9 8B C1 4C 8E F2 EA 0E

David Iain Greig

Mar 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/24/98

Adam Noel Harris <ad...@stanford.edu.XX> wrote:
>Philip Nicholls <pn...@capital.net> wrote:
>:In article <slrn696bmt...@elaine15.Stanford.EDU>,
>:ad...@stanford.edu.XX (Adam Noel Harris) writes:
>:> I see that you Evolutionist are afraid to debate me about the origins of
>:> life! It is clear that your so-called "evidences" cannot corraborate your
>:> just-so story about man coming from bacteria.
>
>Whoa. This post is so old, I didn't recognize it at first. Thought Karl
>was forging mail from my address.
>
>:Well, first of all evolution is not concerned with the origin of life
>:but rather with the development of life. The origin of life is a
>:separate question, though also important.
>
>Point taken. But the beard on that billy goat is very long by now. Where
>did you find this post?

Evidently his site has a long expire.

I just finished reading Robert Carroll's book 'Patterns and Processes
of Evolution in Vertebrates', and it:
1) is a whacking good read.
2) made me realize why anyone with two brain cells is a cladist
3) made me understand Larry Moran's comments about genetic drift
being important vis a vis natural selection as a force
of evolution

OBPNyikos: Bootlickers!

--D.

--