ET as JC

1 view

burdvax!bmcjmp

Nov 1, 1982, 8:04:42 PM11/1/82

The guy with the keys was named in the credits as "KEYS". As in Mt. 16:18-19
"And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church,
and the gates of Hades will not overcome it. I will give you the keys of the
kingdom of heaven;..."

I found the article a fascinating study in parallelism, even though some of the

points seemed rather forced. Many of them I missed entirely, although I managed
to sense some of them the second time I saw it. I don't feel that the story was
beholden to the parallelism; it did quite well on its own. The added interpre-
tations provide an interesting sideline of speculation without the story being
dependant upon them for it to work.

ariel!tas

Nov 2, 1982, 10:57:18 PM11/2/82
ET's glowing chest is reminiscent of pictures of Christ with his
"Sacred Heart".

Tom Skrobala

uofm-cv!dave

Nov 3, 1982, 11:02:27 PM11/3/82
There was an interesting letter to the editor in the New York
Times Arts and Entertainment section sometime last summer describing
quite a few parallels between ET and the story of Christ. Some
very striking connections.

sdchema!pha

Nov 9, 1982, 2:01:22 AM11/9/82

I'd appreciate any spoiler reviews about Halloween II Season of the Witch.
I'ts all the crowd is talking about, but I never have time to go out and
see it (besides, now that Halloween is over, it's leaving the theaters).
Help me fit into the conversation...
reviews, ANYONE?
Thanks in advance...
Paul Anderson
sdcsvax!sdchema!pha

sdchema!pha

Nov 9, 1982, 7:52:04 PM11/9/82
In my article requesting Hb3 SotW reviews I accidntally said "II"
instead of "III". Sorry....