The Wall

Al

Mar 20, 1986, 4:55:11 PM3/20/86
> When Pink Floyd were on their extensive "The Wall" tour (two concerts),
> bunches of roadies would actually build an actual wall in front of the band.
> By the time the concert ended, they were completely hidden by the wall,
> even though Roger Waters kept climbing up behind it before he was completely
> overcome. In their final number (the courtroom Gilbert and Sullivan take-off),
> they destroy the wall.

Wrong, the wall was completed half-way through the show and the band was
'hidden' then, at the end of the 'Good bye Cruel World' song. After that
was a break, then they played a song behind it; then they played in front,
on top, and behind the wall with new openings that the roadies made.
I wish I saw it more than once. Too much to take in in one sitting......

Al Dunn

UUCP: ...seismo!rochester!ur-tut!abd1 USMAIL: University of Rochester
BITNET: abd1@UORDBV Taylor Hall
Phone: (716) 275-2811 work, 367-3577 home Rochester, NY 14627

lp10...@sjuvax.uucp

Mar 21, 1986, 1:58:46 PM3/21/86
In article <3...@drivax.UUCP> holl...@drivax.UUCP (Bruce Holloway) writes:

>When Pink Floyd were on their extensive "The Wall" tour (two concerts),
>bunches of roadies would actually build an actual wall in front of the band.
>By the time the concert ended, they were completely hidden by the wall,
>even though Roger Waters kept climbing up behind it before he was completely
>overcome. In their final number (the courtroom Gilbert and Sullivan take-off),
>they destroy the wall.

...this has got to be the most moronic thing I've ever heard
in my life.You mean to tell me that people actually shelled
out good money to see this garbage?!...

...do us all a favor,fellas,*retire*!!!...

Larry Palena

sa...@ur-tut.uucp

Mar 24, 1986, 9:35:25 AM3/24/86
WARNING...Farenheit 451

You know, it really amazes me that someone could have so little taste
in music. Pink Floyd has one of the most unique and enjoyable sounds
of any band that I have heard, and believe me, I have heard a lot. I'll
tell you something else. Just because you don't appreciate REAL music
doesn't mean that there aren't others around who don't. If you want to
criticize a band, do so to one that deserves criticism. In the mean time,
get a real life. ;-)

Arthur Dent

P.S. Some really bad groups to rag on include the following:

Twisted Sister Essentially aural rectal inversion.
Whitesnake Give me real heavy metal.
Wham! Gutless whimps.
KISS Why did they ever come back?
Starship Sellouts to top 40.
Mr. Mister (or whatever) Boozhwah.
Kool and the Gang Make me want to throw up.
Culture Club B P C and G's.
Phil Collins Overrated top 40 demi-god.
etc. etc. etc.

Attention ... attention, failure to comply may result in prosecution
for criminal drug evasion.

Joe Arceneaux

Mar 24, 1986, 1:31:16 PM3/24/86
In article <12...@mit-eddie.MIT.EDU> z...@mit-eddie.MIT.EDU (Mike Konopik) writes:

> By the way, Wall fans, I've listened to a tape of a BBC broadcast with an
> interview of Roger Waters with respect to The Wall. His explanation of
> what it means is WAY off mark from what most people I've discussed it with
> imagine. Sorry that I can't remember many of the details, but I do remember
> Somehow his explanation doesn't seem to completely cover all the subtle
> parts of the album/movie. Either that, or he was intentionally trying to
> make the audience think there was some obscure meaning beyond the mundanity
> of the real meaning.
> You figure it out!
> --
>
> -Mike
>
> genrad!mit-eddie!zzz (UUCP) ZZZ%MIT-OZ@MIT-MC (ARPA)

Seems to me there have been so many instances of artists claiming that their
work means something completely different than what it seems to obviously
communicate, that I tend to disbelieve the artist in such situations. I
listened to the albumn A LOT when it first came out, and when I finally saw
the film, it seemed to agree completely with the record in as far as its
"message". So I find it hard to believe that it was intended to represent
something else altogether.

Of course, I also remember hearing that Roger Waters and Alan Parker disagreed
quite a bit on the film...
--
Joseph Arceneaux
Lafayette, LA

{akgua, ut-sally}!usl!jla

Thomas Williams

Mar 25, 1986, 5:04:46 PM3/25/86
In article <29...@sjuvax.UUCP>, lp10...@sjuvax.UUCP writes:
> In article <3...@drivax.UUCP> holl...@drivax.UUCP (Bruce Holloway) writes:
> >
> >When Pink Floyd were on their extensive "The Wall" tour (two concerts),
> > [ a brief description of the Wall concerts ]

> ...this has got to be the most moronic thing I've ever heard
> in my life.You mean to tell me that people actually shelled
> out good money to see this garbage?!...
>
> ...do us all a favor,fellas,*retire*!!!...
>
> Larry Palena

garbage?! moronic? <sigh> I suppose it would be quite useless trying
to debate Pink Floyd's tremendous music and stage presence with you.
All I ask is that you keep your infintile opinions to yourself. I
doubt anyone enjoys reading your pathetic drivel when you have *nothing* at
all to add to the conversation. Perhaps you get some saditic pleasure out of
annoying people? Grow up.

On to something nicer... I have heard that there is an LP bootleg
of the most recent Roger Waters concert. I saw his show in Philadelphia
and loved the first half (all floyd). Anyway the album reportedly covers
the first half of the concert on two disks -- with a somewhat jazzed-up
"Set the controls". Can anyone else give me any information on this?

-taw