Continuity error in STAR WARS - the ANSWER

Jim Heliotis

Jun 25, 1984, 6:01:41 PM6/25/84
Are you sure other scenes showed an abnormal (or no) star field while in
hyperspace?

2-8-84Lorenzo D 97750)

Jun 28, 1984, 11:53:20 AM6/28/84
Yes. They show a white cloud effect.

Kenn Barry

Jul 6, 1984, 12:12:11 AM7/6/84
[Honor this line - it had to fight to get here!]

To recapitulate, the question was this:
Scene is as follows: Luke, Han, Leah, et. al., have just made
good their escape from the deathstar, and destroyed the sentry ships.
Han and Leah are having a conversation on the bridge of the Millenium
Falcon. There is SOMETHING WRONG with this scene.

And now (drumroll, flourish of trumpets), THE ANSWER:

In the scene immediately prior, we see Moff Tarkin and Vader
having a conversation back at the Death Star. Tarkin - "Are they away?";
Vader - "They have just made the jump into hyperspace."
But as Han and Leah talk, we see a perfectly normal starfield
thru the windows on the Falcon's bridge.

In addition to the posted response to this question (which was
correct) I received 5 mailed replies, 1 incorrect, 1 missing all but
the header, and 3 correct. All honor and glory to our winners, plus 1
Buick (virtual) to ut-sally!hitchens, for being fastest on the draw.
Our winners are:

Ron Hitchens (ut-sally!hitchens)
Ron Pankiewicz (fluke!ron)
Rich Wales (wa...@UCLA-LOCUS.ARPA)

Kenn Barry
NASA-Ames Research Center
Moffett Field, CA
Electric Avenue: {dual,hao,menlo70,hplabs}!ames-lm!barry

Mike Van Pelt

Jul 14, 1984, 1:59:32 PM7/14/84
In the "A New Hope", just before Han Solo dropped out of hyperspace into
the Alderaan (sp?) system, there was a scene in the window similar to the
"wormhole" in "Star Trek: The Motion Picure".