Bizarre Theory #242: Gay Males and Baldness.

Gary D. Lindsay

Sep 10, 1986, 4:18:28 PM9/10/86
In article <20...@sdcsvax.UUCP> ri...@pleasure.UUCP (rich) writes:
>>In article <6...@sdcc12.UUCP> wa...@sdcc12.UUCP (paul van de graaf) writes:
>>>
>>> Here's one of my strange theories I thought I'd bounce off a few heads
>>>here in talk.bizarre. (probably belongs in net.motss, but they're SO touchy!)
>>>
>>> From my own observations, I've noticed that a large segment of the gay
>>>male population have thinning hair. It's usually quite fine hair and tends to
>>>start to bald at the top of the head. Elton John, an admitted bisexual and
>>>baldy, is the sort of guy I'm talking about.
>>>
>>> While I haven't cruised gay bars counting heads, I do feel I have
>>>something here. Maybe there's a genetic link or something to explain the
>>>supposed 1:10 gay to straight ratio throughout the ages. Perhaps a few
>>>research scientists on the net might like to test out this theory.
>>>
>>>Just a theory, though; but I'd interested in confirmations/denials...
>>>
>>>Paul van de Graaf sdcsvax!sdcc12!wa60 U. C. San Diego
>>

> I think there is a major flaw in this, ronald reagan
> has a full head of hair.
>--
>ucbvax-------- (.... oopsvax) -- rich

I beg to differ. My Gay friends all have enough hair.
I seem to remember that hormones are related to hairiness.
And, to listen to you in the 90% minority, we have
more hormones than we know what to do with :-) ...

By the way, regarding your flaw, which Ronald Reagan?
The Prez is undoubtedly straight, and claims same for Jr.

And, we are not so touchy in net.motss that you shouldn't
talk to us. Just remember we are humans.

Gary
mgd...@beryl.berkeley.edu

The only thing worse than being talked about is not being
talked about.
-- Oscar Wilde