Need Opinions on Gay Play "As Is"

Sam Vause

Mar 17, 1986, 3:56:28 PM3/17/86
In about a month, the University of South Carolina will be presenting the play
"As Is" at the Longstreet Theatre. The scheduled run will be for three nights
and will begin on Monday, April 14. Since statistically some of the readers of
this group will also subscribe to gay periodicals (The Advocate, New York Na-
tive, etc.) which have reviewed this play, and since some of the members of this
group will have also seen this production, I would like to solicit [ :-) ] some
opinions of this play from our community at large.

Some of the generic questions to consider are:

What were your general impressions of the play as a whole?
Were there any portions/situations of the play that you were
particularily affected by?
How could the director/performers have shared their message better?
Would you change any part (staging/dialogue/characters)? Why?
Did you feel that the reviews were fair? Why? Discuss any obvious
bias and strongly-expressed feelings the reviewer displayed.
Did you feel that the play (as a whole) was relevent to your life?
Briefly(!), please explain why.

Of course, this is not a complete list, just some general questions to tickle
your memory.

In advance, I appreciate your willingness to mail me responses. I do intend
to collate them and present them to the director of the local production; the
lead actor (a good friend) is also extremely interested in your opinions. I
will post the summary at a later date, including any review from the local rags.
|Sam Vause, NCR Corporation, TOWER Systems Development, 3325 Platt |
|Springs Road, West Columbia, SC 29169 (803) 791-6281 |
| ...!decvax!mcnc!ncsu!ncrcae!vause |