DESK for the DEC Rainbow (a taste of MS-Windows)

alan i. vymetalik

Nov 6, 1986, 12:16:56 AM11/6/86

Howdy DEC Rainbow Fans...

Well, it figures! I've received two some-what-flame messages on
my posting. That was to be expected... However, I really deserved
it. There was A BUG during the uploading of the .ARC file. Shame
on me! So, as I should have done earlier, here is a NOTICE that
it exists. Anyone who wants a copy, please e-mail me directly and
you'll receive a NEW copy via return e-mail.

If I get an OVERWHELMING response, I'll post it again.

I have tested the whole up/down-load, en/de-code process and the
new .ARC seems uncorrupted. I am not sure what happened the
first time since both Kermits were set for binary transfer.
Maybe something in the transfer caused the receiving Kermit
to think it was an incoming text file...sort of like slipping
gears. Who knows?

To any Rainbow user who needs ARC. You can use ARC for the PC.
It's an MS-DOS program and I am not aware of any special version
for the PC-compatible market. Need ARC? Send me an e-mail.
Need specialized software info, programming help, or just need
advice on the machine, send me an e-mail.

Enjoy,
Alan

alan i. vymetalik
uucp: {allegra,seismo}!rochester!ritcv!iav1917