How to convert *.ARC files?

Cliff Yamamoto

Nov 9, 1986, 3:21:33 AM11/9/86

This may seem like a simple question, however I would really
appreciate it if someone could explain the following : After I have
FTPed some files (say some *.ARC files from Simtel-20 for a IBM-PC)
how do I convert these *.ARC files from the system into usable *.EXE
or *.COM files that I can use on my PC?
I know there must be some conversion that takes place, but
where is the file converted, on the system or on the PC? And even if
those *.ARC files are converted after they have been downloaded into
a PC, what method do you use to download it in the first place? Kermit,
Xmodem? What is the "typical" procedure that one usually follows?
Any info would be appreciated. Thanx in advance.

C. Yamamoto

ARPA : CYAMAMOTO%GUMBY%USC-ECL.ARPA
-------