Device Drivers

Gene Lee

Oct 27, 1986, 12:30:34 PM10/27/86

I am interested in experimenting with device drivers. Does anyone
know how to write one or where I might find detailed information on their
structure and implementation?

Thanks in advance

--
Gene Lee UUCP: ...ihnp4!{meccts,dayton,rosevax}!ems!A60!lee
Sperry Corporation ATT: (612) 635-6334

ke...@bdcvax.uucp

Nov 4, 1986, 6:16:43 PM11/4/86
>/***** ubc-bdcvax:net.micro.pc / A60!lee / 9:30 am Oct 27, 1986*/
>/* ---------- */

Me too, please!

Kevin Gordon UUCP ubc-vision!ubc-bdcvax!kevin

Bio-Sciences Data Center
University of British Columbia
Vancouver B.C.

Ashok C. Patel

Nov 6, 1986, 8:05:48 PM11/6/86

The DOS Technical Reference manual the IBM sells (at hiway robbery prices!)
has all the information necessary to write device drivers. Included on the
DOS 3.x Supplement disk is a commented source listing of VDISK.SYS (IBM's Ram
disk program). This is a good reference for how to actually write one.

Ashok C. Patel
Softart Microsystems Inc.