pc-shell.com

Bill Mayhew

Nov 7, 1986, 1:32:15 PM11/7/86

I just tried out pc-shell.com that was recently posted to
net.sources. (version 3.5 to be exact) I short it works very
nicely.

What I'd like to know is if there is a quick fix to doing
batch printing with ms/pc DOS PRINT command while in pc-shell.
Apparently, PRINT attaches itself to interrupt 01H, and prints out
a couple of characters every time the interrupt is called.
pc-shell must not bother to use 01H. PRINTing something results in
zero activity until a command such as DATE forks COMMAND.COM, at
which time printing begins.

Running an innocuous command such as DATE is a good way to
get pc-shell to print, but obviously precludes spooled background
output.

Anybody know a quick fix, or else have a spooler that
doesn't care about 01H? I suppose I could write one, but if
somebody has already done so, why reinvent the whell, right?

Thanks a bunch.
Bill

Bill Mayhew
Division of Basic Medical Sciences
Northeastern Ohio Universities College of Medicine
Rootstown, OH 44272 USA phone: 216-325-2511
(w...@neoucom.UUCP ...or... ...!cbatt!neoucom!wtm, etc...)