modems on a Mac Plus

Richard Carels

Nov 7, 1986, 7:58:28 AM11/7/86
to rnews@mcvax
Some time ago I bought a SmarTEAM 1200 CT modem, having a female D-25
connector. All I did to connect it to my MacPlus, was making a cable from
a mini DIN 8 plug to a male D-25. The numbers of the pins in the DIN plug
are listed below :

6 7 8
X.....X.....X

3 4 5
X.....X..........X

1 2
X......X

The connections I made were : D-25 DIN 8

2 3
3 5
7 4 and 8
20 1

I connected the mantle of the cable (I do not know if this is the correct
English word) in the D-25 to pin 7 (ground).

Success !!
Richard Carels
Department of Computer Science, UvA

Usenet: car...@uva.uucp
{seismo,decvax,philabs}!mcvax!uva!carels

* There's no dark side of the moon, really. *
* As a matter of fact it's all dark. *
* Pink Floyd *