Archive utility available for IBM VM/SP systems

John S. Fisher

Oct 30, 1986, 8:10:34 AM10/30/86
I have produced a utility program like VMSSWEEP but for the IBM VM/SP
environment. It is called ARCUTIL and provides the following functions:

o UUDECODEing of files received from ARCHIVE-REQUEST.
o Fracturing of ARC and LBR library files. (DLE-packing, Huffman and
LZW variant decompression supported.)
o ASCII to EBCDIC translation. Carriage returns, line-feeds and
form-feeds are rendered as ASA carriage control; tabs are expanded
to the equivalent number of spaces.

I consider the present version of ARCUTIL to be in a sort of pre-release
state and not quite ready for submission to the SIMTEL20 archives.
**However** any brave individual out there with a VM/SP system on BITNET
who would like to play with my pre-release version (and help me shoot
any remaining bugs) should send a request directly to me.

I expect ARCUTIL will be ready for full public dissemination by Christmas.

JSFisher FISHER@RPICICGE