Joystick problem

Paul Smee

Nov 4, 1986, 12:43:11 PM11/4/86

I find that if I boot up my machine (520, TOS in ROM) with a joystick
attached to port 2 (the non-mouse port) the machine comes up with the
keyboard effectively disabled, and I have to unplug it and reboot. If
I plug it in after the machine has booted, everything is happy.

Admittedly, it's an '8-bit' Atari joystick model, but still...

Anyone else seen this? Have any clues? Helpful hints and suggestions?

Kees Huyser

Nov 5, 1986, 10:25:22 PM11/5/86
to rnews@mcvax
As far as I know, it's a common problem with the Atari joysticks (only the _real_ Atari joysticks?). An ST-dealer I know frequently complains about this, although I may add I never experienced the 'hangup' myself. My Atari 1040 ST (with ROM's [even specia
l U7 ROM with much faster disk-access] never 'hangs' under normal circumstances - joystick or no joystick connected).