UNITERM

mar...@minster.uucp

Oct 29, 1986, 7:05:10 AM10/29/86
Did anyone in the UK get a working copy of UNITERM? I'm told that it
was distributed in 4 parts, but we saw none of these. If anyone has it
and would be willing to send it to me, could they please let me know by
mail? Did this program, which everyone says is very good, actually reach
Europe or the UK?
Martin

PS.
Apologies to those outside Europe, to whom this may not be
very interesting.

usenet: mcvax!ukc!minster!martin
surface:
Martin C. Atkins
Department of Computer Science
University of York
Heslington
York Y01 5DD
ENGLAND

Paul Smee

Nov 4, 1986, 10:36:30 AM11/4/86

I *think* I have finally managed to collect all the bits. I got the
README and parts b and a from a 'second-source'. (I already had c.)
The part b I just got matches the part b I'd already had, so I'm hoping that
I've now got the full set. However, I haven't ported it onto my ST and
uudecoded/de-arced it yet. If I can find a JANET path from UK.AC.AUCC to
your machine, I'll try to mail it to you, unless I hear rather quicly that
you'd as soon not be the guinea-pig.

Anyone else in the UK who is accesible to JANET mail, and in a similar situation, send me mail ***AT MY PRIMARY MACHINE*** (poor connectivity). E-mail address
for there is:

Smee at UK.AC.AUCC

(In theory, I can also get at ARPA via UCL-CS gateway, and at BITNET via RL.EARN
gateway, but I haven't been terribly successful at those. Still, if anyone
wants to try to establish a mail path between me (at AUCC) and somewhere on
those nets, I'll be happy to give that a try as well...)