Request for information

1 view

Derek Zahn

Apr 24, 1986, 12:11:58 PM4/24/86
I am looking to purchase a computer in the near future, and am deciding
between an Amiga and an Atari. I have heard good things about the ST,
but have some questions that hopefully some kind soul will answer (I
would ask an Atari dealer, except there doesn't seem to be one in Madison).

General Questions:

What is a 512ST? What is a 1000ST?
How much will I pay to get one, and what do I get for that money?
Details, like Processor, Disk specs, monitor, etc?

The major use I have for the thing is to drive the MIDI port. I want to
enter music and have it played to my Synth through the MIDI port. I would
like to be able to save music on disk, edit it, listen to it, tweak it, etc.
A convenient editing environment would be nice.

Is this possible? Who makes products like this for the ST and how much
do they cost? Does anyone out there have any of this stuff?

Thanks tremendously in advance.

derek

P.S. Also, if anyone knows of any Atari dealers in Wisconsin (or nearby states,
I guess) could you tell me about them?

--
Derek Zahn @ wisconsin
...!{allegra,heurikon,ihnp4,seismo,sfwin,ucbvax,uwm-evax}!uwvax!derek