520ST<--> SASI ?

John Chapman

Mar 27, 1986, 11:29:49 PM3/27/86

Does anyone out there know what is required to convert the dma port
on the ST to a real SASI interface. I would like to use a fast 40mb
st506 drive and sasi interface I already have on my ST. Apparently
the developers drive has a little board with a half dozen 7400 series
ics plus one pal and this then connects between the ST and an Adaptec
sasi controller. How about someone with the developers drive divulging
the contents of the "little board" and which model adaptec controller
is used?

Is there a schematic with the developers drive? Could someone
post it?

Although complete compatibility with the developer's drive would
obviously be nice I can live without that as I don't see writing
a custom device driver as a problem - so if anyone has ideas for
an interface circuit that wouldn't be 100% compatible that would
still be interesting.

BTW - I (and I'm sure a lot of other people) would like to know how
people with the hard drives feel about them & their performance
(and just what the price is).

Many thanks in advance for any help,

john chapman

.....!{watmath, utcsri, alberta}!ubc-vision!sfucmpt!sfulccr!chapman