memory

Rimas Blekaitis

Nov 7, 1986, 6:58:13 PM11/7/86
of the Amiga and need good documentation on memory expansion. This would includeschematics, timing of the bus and the bus rate, the uses of the pins on
the memory expansion slot, etc... Any good source (besides the Hardware Ref
Manual, which I have) recommended?

George Robbins

Nov 9, 1986, 5:38:19 PM11/9/86

The memory expansion connector on the front of the machine is essentially
limited to adding the other 256K of chip memory. It has the signals needed
to do this much and no more.

The expansion connector on the side of the machine is much more flexible
(take that Atari!) and is documented in the Expansion Architure Document
availabe from Commodore.

---------------------------------------

SUPPORT SERVICES

Due to finite resources, we are forced to restrict some of our support
services. However, we are willing to provide a number of materials to
anyone.

Schematics and Expansion spec's $20.00

To order, send a check payable to Commodore Business Machines to:

Bernadette Loughery
Software Tech Support
Commodore Business Machines
1200 Wilson Drive
West Chester, PA 19380

Be sure to specify the name of the item you are ordering and include your
name and address.

These materials are provided as is. In the past we have provided free
upgrades; however, this is not a policy.
--
George Robbins - now working for, uucp: {ihnp4|seismo|caip}!cbmvax!grr
but no way officially representing arpa: cbmvax!g...@seismo.css.GOV