SIDECAR

Stephen King

Nov 10, 1986, 9:20:48 AM11/10/86
(0V0)

Yessiree, Bob. We have the sidecar in Canada. I saw one at
Comspec's Amiga birthday event last Saturday. It was running
Microsoft's flight simulator on the Amiga monitor. They say
that it will retail (here) for about $1k CDN. Somebody blew
it up before I had a good chance to check it out, however.
Apparently, there is some power connection that requires
the sidecar to be powered down BEFORE the Amiga. Some bystander
noticed that the system had crashed (for some unknown reason)
and he turned off the Amiga power switch (!). The sidecar
died, but the Amiga was OK after the sidecar was detached.
I was told that it was advisable to tape over the Amiga power
switch when using the sidecar, and use the sidecar power switch
to control both units. I don't know when we'll see significant
quantities of the sidecar, but I assume they will be arriving
at the stores within a few weeks.
Anyway, the thing has three IBM expansion slots; no
Zorro slots. A 'hard card' could be installed and partitioned
so that some percentage is available to each processor.
(read 20MByte = 19MByte->Amiga + 1MByte->PC) 8*).

...sjk.

(insert standard disclaimer)